|The The ISM Lev Margulis & Yael Mutsafi Excellence Prizes :|
The ISM is offering two prizes annually for outstanding students in the various fields of microscopy:
- The Lev Margulis Memorial Prize for outstanding students in the field of microscopy for Materials Sciences. This prize will be given to a work that deals with microscopy analysis of materials, including any sort of microscopy technique and image analysis.
- The Yael Mutsafi Memorial Prize for outstanding students in the field of microscopy for Life Sciences. This prize will be given to a work related to living systems, including any sort of microscopy technique and image analysis.
The prize recipients will receive the prizes during the opening session of the annual meeting and will present their work during the afternoon parallel sessions.
Yael Mutsafi graduated with a PhD from the Weizmann Institute of Science, where she studied the structure of giant viruses by multiple electron microscopy approaches. Yael was a promising scientist, a gifted microscopist, and an unforgettable person, loved and honored by all who knew her. Yael passed away in 2019 after a severe illness while in her post-doc studies in the US.
- Israeli students, before or not more than one year from the submission of their thesis.
- Only one application at a time, the candidate should choose between Mutsafi or Margulis prize.
- Former winners of either prize are not eligible to apply again.
- In order to submit an application for the prizes you must first register to the ISM annual meeting.
|Submission Deadline: 01/03/2023|
|Required Documents :|
- CV (including list of publications, prizes etc.) – limited to two pages
- Application form – The following form should be downloaded and filled in detail – Application Form
- Extended abstract – The extended abstract should include the following details:
- Detailed description of the scientific work.
- Should contain at least one figure with representative microscopy data.
- A maximum of 2 pages including the figure and references.
- Use normal margins, font 12, and 1.5 line spacing.
- At least 2 letters of recommendation (one must be from the supervisor).
All required documents should be sent by email to Dr. Yaron Kauffmann (ISM, chairperson).
The recommendation letters (from the student’s advisor) should be sent to Dr. Yaron Kauffmann (not via the student).
|Judging Committee :|
The applications will be evaluated by an external scientific committee appointed by the ISM chairperson and will be kept totally confidential.