- Workshops that focus on a specific microscopy method.
- Practical workshops that focus on hands-on or demos on specific types of microscopes, analytical and image analysis methods.
- Cross-discipline workshops that foster exchange of ideas between groups that are unaware of each other’s research.
- Tutorials on various analysis methods related to microscopy.
- Promoting the workshop and informing ISM members about it by circulating an announcement via the ISM mailing list.
- Providing a webpage on the ISM website dedicated to the workshop.
The year 2016 will be dedicated to the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Israel Society for Microscopy (ISM). To celebrate this unique event and promote microscopy in all its aspects in Israel we invite proposals for microscopy related workshops and tutorials.
The workshops or tutorials should be on “hot” topics relevant to the microscopy community in Israel. The workshops and tutorials can be organized by people from academia and industry in Israel or vendors which are interested in promoting specific topics of interest.
All members of the microscopy community are invited to submit workshop and tutorials proposals for review. We encourage several forms of workshops (the list is non-exhaustive):
Workshops and tutorials can vary in length from half a day to two days. The workshops can take place during 2015-2016 or as satellites of the ISM2016 meeting. This call does not include workshops taking place during ISM2016 – a separate call for onsite workshops & tutorials proposals will be sent soon to companies as part of the Sponsorship Kit.
The ISM will not cover the cost of the workshops and the organizers will have to take care of the logistics.
ISM will help with the following:
We look forward to your collaboration and we wish us all an enjoyable and exciting 50th anniversary of the society.
Eyal Shimoni Yaron Kauffmann
Chair, ISM Secretary, ISM
Workshop and tutorials proposals should include the following information:
- First Name, Last Name, Affiliation, Country, Email
- Contact Person
- First Name, Last Name
- Postal Address
- Phone and Fax Number
- Email and Website
- A brief abstract of the proposed workshop (no more than 200 words)
- Theme and Topics
- Theme and topics of interest of the proposed workshop
- Objectives and Goals
- Objectives, goals, and outcomes of the proposed workshop
- Length and Proposed Date
- Proposed length of the workshop: one or two full day long.
- Proposed dates.
- Target Audience
- Describe the target audience and an estimation of the number of participants
- Workshop Administration
- Program Format
- Describe the intended workshop format (tentative plan of activities)
- Schedule/Important Dates
- Describe the workshop schedule (or Important Dates)
- Venue, Equipment, Materials and Needs
- List out workshop’s special needs, e.g., audio/visual requirements, if any.
- Program Format