ISM 2013 – The 47th Annual Scientific Meeting of
The Israel Society for Microscopy
May 29th-30th, 2013 – Canaan Spa Hotel, Safed.
Dganit Danino (Technion) – Chair, Eyal Shimoni (WIS) – Secretary, Zahava Barkay (TAU) – Treasurer, Maya Bar-Sadan (BGU), Amit Kohn (BGU), Louisa Meshi (BGU), Inna Popov (HUJI), Edith Suss-Toby (Technion), Aryeh Weiss (BIU)
Dganit Danino (Technion), Eyal Shimoni (WIS), Zahava Barkay (TAU), Maya Bar-Sadan (BGU), Inna Popov (HUJI), Edith Suss-Toby (Technion), Aryeh Weiss (BIU), Yaron Kauffmann (Technion), Ronit Popovitz (WIS)
- Professor Rafal Dunin-Borkowski, Ernst Ruska-Centre for Microscopy and Spectroscopy with Electrons, Research Centre Juelich, Juelich, Germany.
- Dr. Leslie M. Loew, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut, USA.
- Professor Erik M. Jorgensen, Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Biology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.
Materials science lecturers:
- Prof. Jordi Arbiol, Institut de Ciencia de Materials de Barcelona, Spain.
- Dr. Yossi Lereah, Tel-Aviv university.
- Dr. Ofer Tevet, Nuclear Research Center – Negev.
Life science lecturers:
- Prof. Uri Ashery, Tel-Aviv university.
- Prof. Emil Zolotoyabko, Technion.
- Dr. Inna Popov, Hebrew university.
- Dr. Sharon G. Wolf, Weizmann Institute.
Full program with abstracts (~6 Mb)
Sergey Kapishnikov from the Department of Materials and Interfaces, Weizmann Institute of Science, the recipient of the Lev Margulis Prize. Sergey received the prize for his work “Oriented nucleation of hemozoin crystals in Plasmodium-infected red blood cells“.
Alexander Upcher, Department of Materials Engineering and the Ilse Katz Institute for Nanoscale Science and Technology, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, recipient of the Best poster Prize in Materials Sciences, for his poster titled: “Twinning and Phase Control in Template Directed ZnS and (Cd,Zn)S Nanocrystals“.
Assaf Zaritsky, Blavatnik School of Computer Science, Tel Aviv University, recipient of the Best poster Prize in Life Sciences, for his poster titled: “HGF/SF-Induced Waves of Organized Motility during Collective Migration of Tumor and Normal Cells“
Amit Hollander, Russell Berrie Nanotechnology Institute, Technion, recipient of the Best Micrograph Prize for his image “The Star of David“.
Ayala Elkayam, Adi Pantzer, Lena Yadgarov and Assaf Zaritsky, Recipients of travel scholarships.